Mission and Philosophy
Dartmoor School provides an optimal personalized education for its students via active one-to-one instruction individualized to their instructional levels, learning styles, and the pace of their academic and intellectual progress. Instruction is offered in a welcoming, safe, respectful, and nurturing environment.
Dartmoor believes in the individuality of its students and seeks to cultivate the unique talents of each student. The school's one-to-one setting creates an ideal opportunity to involve students in their own education and inspire them with a passion for inquiry. Dartmoor eschews the impersonal, authoritarian classroom of convention for a nurturing, personalized instructional model wherein the specific student and not a generic norm occupies the focus of learning.
- All students can learn
- Instruction should take place at a student's instructional level
- Instruction should accommodate a student's learning style
- Students should feel safe and respected
- Staff should encourage students to be responsible
- Staff should teach students to think globally and champion diversity
- Staff should demonstrate sincere concern for students
- School staff should nurture every student's self-concept and potential
- School staff should always model and foster ethical behavior