Institute for Specialized Instruction
Dartmoor School developed ISI to assist school districts with the provision of special education. Within ISI's framework, Dartmoor delivers one-to-one individualized instruction and support services throughout the enrollment period. ISI offers year-round, open enrollment and Extended School Year (ESY).
Dartmoor educators have experience working with students who have unique and often highly complex profiles including ADD, learning disabilities, Asperger's, behavioral or pscyhological issues, and giftedness.
Dartmoor coursework is accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and approved by the NCAA. Dartmoor is approved as a Non-Public Agency (NPA) and a private school by OSPI WA.
ISI can expand or contract its services to meet district needs. For example, a student may dual enroll taking core coursework at Dartmoor and electives at the school of record or take all coursework at Dartmoor. Likewise, a student may graduate with Dartmoor (minimum 20 credits) or with the 'home' school in the district. Either way, ISI staff collaborate with district personnel to ensure delivery of appropriate services and to satisfy student objectives.
ISI facilitates the enrollment process as districts select coursework and can further determine the level (fundamental, general, honors) and requirements. Districts also can select accommodations and modifications for each course.
Subsequent to enrollment, ISI provides:
- annual assessments to assist with levels of performance
- courses tailored to the enrolled student's profile and IEP goals
- diagnostic-prescriptive one-to-one instruction
- consistent progress reports including specific data on IEP goals
- monthly attendance reports
- participation and support for IEPs, reevaluations, etc.
- highly skilled and accessible staff
- timely correspondence and detailed reporting
To learn more about ISI or to enroll a student, please contact: